- 1. Social Media for Business
- 2. Introduction
- What is social media?
- 4. Why social media for business?
- 5. How to get started with social media
- 6. Picking the right tools
- 7. The No’s in social media, mistakes to avoid
- 8. Interactive session – Q&As
- 9. What is social media?
- 10. History of social media Internet World Wide Web Web 1.0
- 11. History of social media
- 12. History of social media Internet World Wide Web Web 2.0 Social Media
- 13. “ Social media is media designed to be disseminated through social interaction, created using highly accessible and scalable publishing techniques”
- 14. “ Media that is created to be shared freely, globally”
- In the past people met, gathered to share their passions and collaborate.
- 16. Gatherings, conferences, meetings.
- 17. Social Media is an extension of basic communication, not very different from what you do everyday.
- 18. Why social media?
- 19. There are TV Ads, Magazines, Radio which can get you impact, quicker. So Why Social Media?
- 20. Can you afford NOT to?
- 21. “ We're entering an era of radical change for marketers. Faith in advertising and the institutions that pay for it is waning, while faith in individuals is on the rise. Peers trust peers ” - Chris Anderson, The Long Tail
- 22. 87% trust a friend’s recommendation over critics review - Marketing Sherpa
- 23. 3 times more likely to trust peer opinions over advertisement for purchasing decision - Jupiter Research
- 24. 1 word of mouth recommendation has impact of 100 TV ads! - bzzagent.com
- 25. Aspects of social media
- 26. Social Media vs Traditional Marketing Social Media Traditional Media/Marketing Message Message Unbiased Feedback Insights Engagement Conversations Message
- 27. Traditional marketing BUYS coverage Social Media EARNS coverage and more
- 28. Gives you the ability to tune in to your customers and learn what they think of a product of service. More powerful than handing out surveys.
- 29. One message BEFORE social media
- 30. One message AFTER social media
- 31. Your competition is on social media!
- 32. Statistics don’t lie Twitter, another new entrant has displaced MSN! The Internet world is now dominated by Social Media websites!
- 33. How to get started
- Don’t focus too much on the tools.
- 35. Important to have a robust social media strategy for your business.
- 36. 7 ways your business could be using Social Media
- 37. Public Relations Social media platforms present a completely new opportunity to instantly deliver messages to millions of people. The impact on public relations is simply ground shaking.
- 38. Customer Support Where traditionally customer support has been viewed as a cost center, smart brands are starting to use social networks to help offload their support costs on to a community of super users.
- 39. Market Research Having access to tens of millions of consumers who are openly talking about their rational and emotional needs is a newly discovered goldmine for market research.
- 40. New Product Development Some companies have started to leverage a public pool of collective brainpower to help their business identify innovative new market opportunities, and even assist with development of new product concepts.
- 41. Hiring & Recruitment Social media is a good and very cost effective source to recruit the right talent for your business. Find referrals, references and recommendations.
- 42. Promotions Some of the most successful promotions have employed the power of the network itself to create a fan base that didn't exist prior to the promotion.
- 43. Sales This newly born ability to sell is starting to catch on and more and more retailers are beginning to reap the benefits of enhancing their curb appeal inside the social shopping mall.
- 44. Picking the right tools
- 45. Facebook is a social network that helps people communicate more efficiently with their friends, family and co-workers. Anyone can sign up for Facebook and interact with the people they know in a trusted environment.
- Facebook is the 2nd most visited/trafficked website in the world.
- 47. More than 500 million active users
- 48. 50% of our active users log on to Facebook in any given day
- 49. Average user has 130 friends
- 50. People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook
- 51. 1,500,000 local businesses are active on Facebook Creating more than 5,300,000,000 fans!
Brand Fan Pages
- A Facebook Page is a public profile that enables you to share your business and products with Facebook users.
- 53. Pages are similar to personal profiles and brands accumulate fans instead of friends.
- 54. Within pages you have the option of posting and collecting content, importing Twitter and blog feeds, collecting user reviews, and hosting discussions.
- An application is a platform for developers which provides a framework to build tools which Facebook users can add to their profile.
- 57. Applications range from chat to games to mobile.
- Connect and Facebook Share are additions to your brand’s existing web site or blog which allow you to integrate their Facebook presence with other online media.
- 58. Facebook Connect is an open identifier which allows users to take their Facebook profile with them when they shop, comment, or browse on other web sites.
- Facebook offers banner advertising which can target age, gender, location, relationship status and interest, or music and lifestyle interests.
- 60. Twitter is a microblogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters and delivered to the author's subscribers who are known as followers. It is the simplest form of blog. But in simplicity there is often great power.
- More than 200 million registered users.
- 62. New users signing up at the rate of 300,000 per day.
- 63. 190 million unique visitors come to the site every month.
- 64. Over 50 million “tweets” are sent in a day.
- 65. 37% of active Twitter users use their phone to tweet.
- 66. Around 600 million search queries per day.
- 67. 1 Good Tweet is equivalent to 10,000 impressions ! You now have a virtual PR and marketing team that works for free
- Branding, promotions.
- 69. News, Events
- 70. Monitoring, Competitive tracking.
- 71. Innovation, Research
- 72. Networking
- 73. Search engine optimization.
- 74. Put out vacancies, job postings .
- 75. Relationships
- 76. Customer Service
- 77. Twitter
- 78. A blog (a contraction of the term "web log") is a type of website with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order Blogging
- More than 100 million blogs on the Internet.
- 80. 70% of bloggers are organically talking about brands on their blog.
- 81. 38% of bloggers post brand or product reviews.
- 82. Over 70% of internet users read blogs
- Great platform for building authority.
- 84. Helps drive organic search engine traffic.
- 85. Attract an audience.
- 86. Inform, interact and learn from your audience.
- 87. Grow a sense of community.
- 88. Content rich, just what search engines like.
- 89. What can businesses do with blogs?
- 90. LinkedIn is a social networking website geared towards companies and industry professionals looking to make new business contacts or keep in touch with previous co-workers, affiliates, and clients.
- LinkedIn has over 65 million members worldwide. This means an increase of around 1 million members month-on-month since August last year.
- 92. India is currently the fastest-growing country to use LinkedIn, with around 3m total users.
- 93. Of all social networking websites, LinkedIn has the most financially affluent audience.
- 94. 75% of users on LinkedIn have a college degree. High index of graduates and post graduates.
- 95. Over 70% are 35 years and above.
- Make professional connections, find business opportunities.
- 97. Is replacing the resume.
- 98. Reference checks.
- 99. Great place to find referrals.
- 100. Post jobs.
- 101. Through LinkedIn Answers, users can get their questions answered through the community.
- 102. What can businesses do with LinkedIn?
- 103. What can businesses do with LinkedIn?
- 104. YouTube is a video sharing website on which users can upload and share videos.
- People are watching 2 billion videos a day on YouTube.
- 106. Every minute, 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube.
- 107. 52% of users visit YouTube atleast once a week.
- An average user spends 15 minutes a day on YouTube.
- 108. Streams 7 times more video per month than its nearest competitor.
- Training and support.
- 110. Marketing and brand enhancement.
- 111. New employee orientation.
- 112. Product overviews, demonstration.
- 113. Customer testimonial, customer success stories.
- 114. What can businesses do with Youtube?
- 115. The no’s in social media
- 116. No hard selling (educate first)
- 117. Don’t lie, don’t pretend. Be transparent.
- 118. Don’t get caught up in the race for followers . Forge a strong community with the existing ones instead and the numbers will follow.
- 119. Don’t fight your customers and expect to win
- 120. Don’t lose sight of your objective
- 121. Interactive Session, Q&A